TR Canada Inc
We are an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
Summary: Reporting to the Site Manager and the Corporate Procurement Manager, the candidate will be responsible for forecasting levels of demand and budgets for services and products to meet project needs and keeping a constant check on Request for Quotation quality, material and equipment descriptions, compliance with local regulations and availability from local supplier market resources; in order to maximize project efficiency. The candidate may be mobilized to site as demanded by different projects or required to travel to other project sites if necessary. He/she must be organized, a multi-tasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment as well as understand project needs and how to structure agreements with the supplier network to reduce costs, risks and guarantee efficiencies.
Responsibilities: Will include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and directing daily operations;
- Overseeing the evaluation of cost and quality of goods/services;
- Overseeing the analysis of data information;
- Preliminary technical evaluation of Material Request Forms and Justification Forms (advising more economical or easier access alternatives);
- Overseeing the preparation of reports and advising senior management;
- Managing the Purchasing department involved throughout all projects, effectively delegating tasks and responsibilities to achieve maximum lean efficiency;
- Planning and controlling budget and expenditures;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedule and quality;
- Liaising between interrelated suppliers, visiting and prequalifying suppliers, and building and maintaining outstanding relationships;
- Negotiating Purchase Orders in all types of commercial conditions and monitoring their progress – checking the quality of service provided;
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Assisting in the preparation and management of the departmental budget;
- Reviewing purchase orders for compliance with corporate policy;
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Overseeing and managing all Purchase Orders;
- Ensuring that engineering deliverables are submitted as per the agreed Material Requisition requirements;
- Performing other job related duties as assigned.
- Expert at supplier prequalification.
- Advanced capabilities and experience in Purchase Order evaluation covering all Engineering discipline Equipment and materials.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, problem-solver, time management, great communication skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information and meet specified corporate objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of bachelor degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience with purchasing strategies applicable to oil and gas upstream, petrochemical and power generation industries, international purchasing best practices and financial risk management tools.
- 5+ years’ experience in managerial role leading project teams in industrial purchasing in the Oil &Gas industry.
- 5+ years’ experience as Purchasing Manager with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) and LSTK contracts; must have LSTK Purchasing Manager experience in Canada.
- 3+ years’ experience with Smart Plant Materials Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) with supervisory profile.
- Proficient in MS Office, SAP and Primavera software.
Number of Positions: 1
Language of work: English
Hours of work (shifts): Base of 40 hours/week. Permanent – Full Time. Will be required to travel and adapt to different project schedules.
Salary range: $ 100,000 - $ 130,000 CAD Annually; Wage is dependent on successful candidate’s experience and education; Housing allowance and travel expense is only applicable to candidates who reside outside of Edmonton, AB; The position is not eligible for overtime.
Benefits: Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pension, Extended Medical Insurance; 15 days of vacation per year.
Location: Primarily based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, will be required to travel and maybe temporarily reallocate across Alberta.
Rotation: 2.5 months at site (works 5 days a week and off on weekends) / 10 days off, no rotation when working in Calgary office.
Office and Safety Administrator
Instructional Media Commons Coordinator - Division Office
Manager, Supply Chain
Manager Supply Chain