You want to help change the way the world views customers.
From professional sports teams to Fortune 100 companies, we work with some of the biggest brands in the world – and so will you. We are a successful global software company with a start-up mentality. Our leadership team is always available, teams work side-by-side and fresh perspectives are not only encouraged, they are celebrated.
Vision Critical was born from the idea there had to be a better way for companies to connect with the people who matter most to them: their customers. The belief that people matter is the core of our culture.
We believe that people have wisdom that’s worth listening to, learning from and acting on. Be one of those people. Join us!
Cloud Engineering is responsible for architecture, development and implementation of the infrastructure used by our applications. We build the full stack; servers (bare metal and cloud both on-prem and public), operating system, middleware, application delivery units and work directly with our Development teams to deploy deeply integrated products. Our goal is providing a platform and services layer for consistent development while ensuring operational flexibility.
This role assumes responsibility for all network, compute and storage infrastructure across a global network of data centers. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to utilize and extend his or her broad set of skills.
- Providing day-to-day operational support of all infrastructure systems
- Assist in the implementation of infrastructure design as we expand and improve our hybrid public cloud topology
- Support complex network environments including problem analysis; network troubleshooting, and network maintenance.
- Diagnosing and resolving outages and following up on root cause analysis
- Working with other teams to deploy new services and solutions
- Maintaining documentation related to infrastructure design and implementation
- Responsible for system provisioning, configuration and deployment
- Perform routine audits for security, capacity planning, DR, compliance, etc
- Plan, architect, and implement multi-site disaster recovery
- Work closely with the Security team to deploy and audit production infrastructure
- Continuously identify methods to simplify our architecture while increasing resiliency
- Identify and implement high availability architectures to remove single points of failure
- Prioritize deliverables and establish short term, mid-term and long term plans
- Experience in multi-site, heterogeneous, large-scale enterprise infrastructure
- Comfort in supporting in a global 24/7 environment
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP and network topology design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems; excellent inter-personal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience documentation of systems, policies and procedure
- Willing to take part in on-call rotation
- Solid experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux (RedHat|Fedora|CentOS|Ubuntu)
- Experience with cloud hosting, specifically Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, CloudFront, etc.)
- Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc
Nice to haves
- Experience with configuration management in a cross platform environment; using Chef, Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy applications to both Windows and Linux devices
- Strong scripting skills; bash, ruby, powershell etc
- Network and/or security certifications
Web Development Engineer, Recruiting Technologies
Software Development Manager, Digital Content Platform
Cloud Systems Engineer