Mountain West Studios
Reports to: Area Manager
Employment Address: Mountain West Studios, 5-145 Rockyledge View NW, Calgary AB T3G 5Y5
Responsible for all components of the photography sessions, photographing clients, booking photo sessions, managing junior photographers and relationship building within the territory, compiling daily feedback from photographer/s (when necessary) and assisting with school/customer complaints.
The photographer is required to travel extensively at the beginning and end of the school year across Southern Alberta up to British Columbia. Must be able to work evenings and weekends depending on scheduled photography sessions. This is a full time permanent position with an hourly rate of $28.00. Mileage allowance and per diem is provided when travelling.
1. Manage on a day to day basis the photography, delivery of the products and services of the Company for the area
2. Review the requirements of the particular school’s photography assignment. Ensure you have the equipment to be used and is in excellent working condition.
3. Review the style of photography to be used for the assigned school’s photography job.
4. Ensure the computer you are going to be using is functioning properly and all pre photograph data is properly upload and working properly in our program.
5. Will need to download all images of the photograph sessions and review to ensure image composition is correct and will meet the company’s standards.
6. Promote the brand, services and products of the Company to the accounts and prospects assigned to the area
7. Keep and maintain accurate and detailed records and information on each account’s photography needs, with respect to the contact and services required and provided and to ensure that this information is updated weekly in the Company's electronic database
8. Handle School / Customer inquiries (photo dates, package information, school services, etc.)
1. Meet and exceed performance expectations
2. Encourage repeat customers
3. Suggest ways to promote green practices
4. Create and update task descriptions for photographers’ direct reports
5. Work with other Area Manager, photographers and company departments, to share best practices and continuously improve.
6. Other duties as assigned/needed to perform the job
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Minimum 3-5 years of school photography experience from Grade K through Post-Secondary
2. Diploma/Degree specializing in Photography
3. Experience with computerized photography or digital imaging.
4. Knowledge of Nikon cameras
5. Knowledge of computer use, and the ability to learn new programs
6. Advanced knowledge of PC computing; MS Office Suite (Word and Excel); Photoshop; Outlook
7. Able to speak in French and Spanish is an asset but not required
8. Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
9. Customer service oriented able to establish rapport with student and school staff
10. Problem solving abilities
11. Resilient, flexible, and adaptable
12. A pleasant and upbeat demeanour
13. Able to:
- Work well with others
- Communicate clearly
- Work under pressure
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 4036809135
Graphic Designer, Strategic Events and Communications, Development & Alumni Engagement
MARKETING MANAGER – 3 Month Contract
Product Marketing Manager - 3 Month Contract