Legal Administrative Assistant - Personal Injury Law
Simpson, Thomas & Associates
We are one of the leading personal injury law firms in BC – restricting its practice to helping the victims of car accidents.
We are looking for experienced intermediate or senior legal administrative assistants to join our team. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience in a plaintiff personal injury law firm and have familiarity with Amicus Attorney, Esilaw, and PrimaFact.
We offer a competitive compensation package including, extended health and dental, MSP premiums, signing bonus, transportation costs, fitness subsidy and education assistance.
- Draft legal documents and correspondence.
- Manage client concerns and questions throughout legal process.
- Review incoming and outgoing mail and coordinate responses as required.
- Maintain, organize and update BF System and Calendar.
- Communicate with clients, adjusters, defence counsel, experts, etc.
- Schedule Discoveries, Mediations, Trials, Case Plan Conferences, etc.
- Prepare trial documentation, handle scheduling of witnesses and doctors.
- Prepare settlement documentation.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Graduation from an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant Program
- Experience working as a Legal Administrative Assistant in a plaintiff personal injury firm.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
- A strong work ethic and initiative.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent technical and word processing skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to work independently and within a team.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Intermediate LAA- Personal Injury
Legal Administrative Assistant - Mandarin Speaking