Lakes Harvesting Ltd
Burns Lake BC, BC
Lakes Harvesting Ltd. (LHL) of Burns Lake, British Columbia is a newly formed company that is changing timber harvesting practices to an intensive forest management program that uses European style equipment. We have area base tenure as the core of our operation and we are managing that land base to increase allowable annual cut and forest resilience. We have purchased a Ponsse wheeled harwarder (dual function harvester/forwarder) machine from Finland and we are looking for an individual for the position of “Harwarder Operator and Trainer”.
Selection for the position requires a skills and education history that demonstrates at minimum:
- 5 years of continuous operator experience in a wheeled harwarder (harvesting and forwarding) in a commercial environment;
- exceptional proficiency with electrical, hydraulic, computer and mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of wheeled harwarder machines;
- frequent experience in pre-commercial and commercial thinning, steep-slopes (>35% continuous operation), small patch (<1 Ha) and selective cut harvesting techniques;
- formal education (completion of a college or university program) in forestry technical topics like: growth and yield, trees species response to thinning, tree selection, soils, forest health, forest dynamics etc;
- computer literacy in Ponsse operating systems, Windows and Apple based operating systems and GPS;
The successful individual will be tasked with the following main duties:
- Operate the harvester and forwarding phases;
- Troubleshoot and maintain the harwarder to ensure continuous operation; and
- Train other operators in how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot the harvester.
This is a professional position and requires a person who is organized, self motivated and can work with limited supervision.
The terms of employment are as follows:
- Wages will be between $36-$38 an hour depending on experience and education and may be increased upon successfully completing probation.
- This is a full-time (50 hours per week) and permanent position.
- Overtime will be paid as required by the Employment Standards Act.
- The language of work is English.
- Location of work: Burns Lake, BC
- Office located at 29850 hwy 16 west Burns Lake B.C.