Manager, Commercial Credit and Agency Support
Canadian Tire Financial Services
Welland , ON
For more than 94 years, Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC) has been providing customers with everything they need for life in Canada. We are a family of businesses that includes Canadian Tire Retail stores, PartSource, Gas+, FGL Sports (Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, National Sports, Intersport, Pro Hockey Life and Atmosphere), Mark's, Canadian Tire Financial Services, CT REIT and Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities. With nearly 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets and tens of thousands of employees across the country, we are part of communities from coast-to-coast, and no one knows Canada or understands the needs of Canadians like we do.
We were named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016 by Mediacorp Canada Inc for the second consecutive year. CTFS has won multiple Service Quality Measurement group (SQM) awards throughout the years for customer services experience and call center environment to name a few. We’re one of the largest employers in the Niagara Regions and we have over 40 years of doing business in the area. Join our highly engaged and committed team in our award winning corporate culture.
Who you are
The Manager, Commercial Credit & Agency Support builds loyalty to the Canadian Tire brands by delivering an excellent experience to our Customer no matter how we interact …creating Customers for Life. Driven to deliver world-class customer service to our Customers, you ensure efficient, well-controlled, and cost effective services related to accounts receivable management, collections and commercial credit supporting various businesses of the Canadian Tire family of companies.
What you’ll do
As Manager, Commercial Credit & Agency Support you will be leading a high performing team to meet business targets, drive high-quality interactions with Commercial clients, and manage credit adjudication and accounts receivable for the Canadian Tire family of companies. You will provide valuable coaching, support, motivation and recognition of your staff as they interact with Accounts Receivables resources representing our Commercial customers and other stakeholders. You will support your staff in adapting our service offering on our new Peoplesoft Finance platform. This Manager will also:
- Develop, lead and coach a team dedicated to accounts receivable management and servicing for corporate partners.
- Facilitate a performance culture and drive overall team performance in order to achieve and exceed business and customer service targets.
- Develop highly effective, influential working relationships with key stakeholders across the company
- Help identify patterns and opportunities to continually advance processes to improve the Customer Experience and manage accounts receivable to maximize returns and manage aging
- Update, review and manage the ongoing risk assessments and testing required for CEO/CFO Certification
- Research, recommend and effectively execute department-level strategies to improve business results and overall performance of the team.
- Develop and leverage relationships with internal partners: Marketing, Supply Chain, Treasury, I.T., and other Finance groups to proactively identify, support and develop department continuous improvement initiatives as well as broader enterprise key organizational initiativesYou will be required to make sound and timely decisions and mitigate risk while supporting optimal sales.
- Demonstrate and reinforce our values
What you’ll need
- Certified Credit Professional (CCP) designation
- Business or Commerce degree with a minimum of 10 years related management experience including 5 years in Accounts Receivable, Credit, Collections and Billing operations management
- Proven experience leading a high performing team in a customer service environment
- Track record of delivery of initiatives along with demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Passionate about building a team and increasing business results through people
- Exposure to client-based environments, demands and expectations
- Ability and appreciation for use of metrics in driving outcomes for both customers and the business
- Strong communication, negotiation, and influencing skills; -bilingual language skills (French/English) would be an asset
- Proactive and collaborative with a track record of building effective relationships across all levels of the organization
- Advanced working knowledge of ERP systems such as Peoplesoft, as well as the suite of Microsoft Office applications
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
- Credit Check
Quote Job Reference: C04LIV