Instructional Designer, Software
You want to help change the way the world views customers.
From professional sports teams to Fortune 100 companies, we work with some of the biggest brands in the world – and so will you. We are a successful global software company with a start-up mentality. Our leadership team is always available, teams work side-by-side and fresh perspectives are not only encouraged, they are celebrated.
Vision Critical was born from the idea there had to be a better way for companies to connect with the people who matter most to them: their customers. The belief that people matter is the core of our culture.
We believe that people have wisdom that’s worth listening to, learning from and acting on. Be one of those people at Vision Critical. Join us!
6 Month Contract
The Software Training Department is looking for an Instructional Designer to develop virtual instructor-led and eLearning programs for Vision Critical’s software suite. In this role, you will interact with other departments including Product Management, Training Delivery, and Marketing to develop effective learning solutions. You will also bring your best ideas forward in educating both internal and external stakeholders.
What you will do (including but not limited to):
- Design and develop instructor led, eLearning, and blended courses for Vision Critical’s suite of software products: outlining and developing curricula, training modules, and other training materials through needs assessment process
- Develop project plans for training program development
- Perform instructional task analysis
- Determine specific learning tasks, subtasks, and content
- Write and sequence performance objectives
- Develop materials to support training programs (i.e. lesson plans, activities, eLearning modules, etc.)
- Develop performance measures following adult education principles
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) such as software developers and product managers to:
- Identify objectives
- Gather information and material
- Structure effective lessons
- Develop appropriate assessments based on audience
- Ensure accuracy, effectiveness, and relevance of training content
- Develop new ways to make courses and instructional media delivery more effective, efficient and beneficial to a global audience.
- Develop standardized curricula format and templates for course material and facilitators guides.
- Provide expertise in adapting current curricula to alternative delivery channels such as e-learning, self-study packages, seminars, etc.
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (for example, adapting materials designed for instructor-led training to e-learning
- Create media to support learning including images, screen videos, and graphics
- At least 2 years of software-related instructional designer experience
- Experience with Photoshop, Camtasia and Visio (or equivalent)
- Proficient with Articulate Storyline (or equivalent)
- Experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Strong research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to develop engaging and effective training programs