Customer Service Representative
Lastman Bad Boy
One of Ontario's finest and most highly successful retail chains with 10 locations, Lastman's Bad Boy is the one stop shop for all your household needs; furniture, mattresses, appliances, and electronics. We are famous for our Solid Gold promise: lowest prices, best service, integrity, and commitment.
Originally founded in 1955 by Mel Lastman and reborn in 1991 by his son Blayne Lastman, the name and commitment of the organization to the community has remained unparalleled. At Bad Boy, everyone counts, and we are as dedicated to our employees as we are our customers!
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative for the Warranty Department at our Head Office (Toronto, Ontario).
To be a service ambassador for all clients throughout the purchase experience. To provide excellent Customer Service with integrity and commitment. To service customer by providing product and service information; resolving product service issues, all the while maintaining strong business relationships throughout the distribution channels. This is NOT a call center environment, we are looking for people who are ready to be active and hands in resolving customer issues.
- Professionally answer between 30-60 calls daily dependent on volume / Season
- Administer and provide details to the customer regarding the Manufacturer’s warranty and service coverage
- Maintain customer records; updating call information and notes pertaining to customer issues
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint in order to make the appropriate resolution decision
- Dispatch appropriate technicians to resolve issues in home
- Negotiate with Manufacturer on case resolution if in home repairs are not possible. (returns / damage allowance to sell in clearance / full credit etc)
- Order spare parts from suppliers and follow up - once received ensure parts are dispatched to the technician through the most economical channel
- Enter exchange sales bills for replacement product
- Book delivery on replacement sales bills – follow inventory
- Review and do follow up on service calls / SND’s / outstanding Part PO’s
- Inspect product at times to ensure escalated product issues are without defect
- Handle escalated customer complaints and when necessary direct the call to supervisor if unable to resolve
- Drive and passion for providing exemplary customer service
- Pleasant and friendly phone etiquette
- Excellent client relations and negotiation skills.
- Excellent English verbal & written skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving capabilities
- Mediation and conflict resolution experience considered a definite asset
- Superior time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to handle stress, and work with possible situations where foul language and profanities are used from external customers
- Ability to work Saturdays
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and other benefits, which include:
- Long term professional career growth
- Open environment, creative & outside the box thinkers preferred
- Fantastic employee product purchase program
- Fun & Friendly workplace
- Employee recognition events
- Medical, dental and vision care
- AD&D, Life Insurance
- Long-term disability & Critical Illness Insurance
- High school diploma required
- 2-5 years experience in the customer service industry; home furnishings experience an asset
- Previous warranty administration an asset
At Lastman’s Bad Boy, we are dedicated to promoting an inclusive, accessible environment, where our staff and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We continue to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please email Lastman’s Bad Boy HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name contact information and details regarding your request within the email.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Customer Service Representative - Grande Prairie
Customer Service Representative - Acheson
customer service representative - call centre
Customer Representative - Woodstock NB