Meat Cutter- Wholesale
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice - to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- facility.
We are currently hiring individuals for General Labour employment, with the intent of receiving on-site knife skill and butchery training.
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters.
- Cut, trim and prepare specialized cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat.
- Performing repetitive tasks.
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: Continuously standing or walking, regular requirement to lift or handle or carry material. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention, either hearing or seeing, to what is happening.
- Prior experience in a food processing environment is an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 23kg / 50 lbs
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Must be comfortable with and willing to learn Knife Skills on a full time basis.
- Commitment and good work ethic is essential
- Safety conscious approach
- BUTCHERY EXPERIENCE IS A DEFINITE ASSET!
KEY JOB DETAILS:
- Shifts start at 6:00am or 6:30am.
- Starting wage is $14.60 per hour and includes incremental raises, as per the Collective Agreement.
- Perfect Attendance Bonus.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Industrial Meat Cutter
General Labor for food production plant
Butcher-Wholesale (NOC 6331)