Certified Orthotic Clinician
Hamilton Health Sciences
The Prosthetics and Orthotics Department (P&O) offers two areas of service including prosthetics and orthotics. Patient care in both areas is provided following a written referral from a physician and with cooperation with other members of the healthcare team. These services are provided for both inpatients and outpatients from the Hamilton-Wentworth area and from surrounding regions.
The Certified Orthotist duties include assessment, measurement/casting, cast modifications, orthosis design, and fitting and follow-up of patients. Responsibilities will include the provision of all types of orthoses including: upper extremity, lower extremity, spinal and cranial orthoses. Some teaching of orthotics clinical students may be required.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days
This position is temporary until July 2018.
1. Certification in Orthotics and in good standing with the Canadian Board for Certification of Prosthetists and Orthotists (CBCPO)
2. Currently registered or be eligible for registration as an authorizer with the Assistive Devices Program, Ontario Ministry of Health
3. Demonstrated technical and clinical skills
4. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
5. Demonstrated ability and willingness to work within a team of health care providers
$32.8200 – $42.0800 hourly
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Quote Job Reference: 66257