Lead Hand Woodworking Machine Operator
Forte Fixtures & Millwork
Forte is a manufacturer of custom store fixtures for the retail industry. We are a one stop shop offering the ability to provide wood, metal and acrylic fixtures from one umbrella organization.
We have been recognized as a premier supplier to the retail industry, winning many awards for our quality and creativity.
We are a customer focused, quality driven, environmentally responsible company, who prides itself on delivering high quality fixtures through a dedicated team of experienced staff and customized solutions to get the job done right.
We are currently seeking a team orientated candidate to join our team.
Salary: Based on experience
- Sets up, operates and maintains various types of machines found in a woodworking shop including, panel saw, CNC and edge band equipment. Experience with the Homag edge banding equipment an asset
- Comfortable operating table saws, sanding machines, shapers and other machine tools
- Knowledgeable of various types of veneers, wood solids, species, laminates, particle boards, and MDFs
- Ability to read and follow written specifications, production drawings and verbal instructions
- Reads drawings and patterns to determine equipment set up
- Ability to select and adjusts saw blades
- Select grades of stock and cutting procedures to be used in accordance with work orders
- Ability to make changes due to changes in cutting pattern
- Ability to lead a task from start to finish and direct other employees when required
- Adheres to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Demonstrate extreme accuracy and attention to detail
- Perform duties in an organized and productive manner in a fast paced environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Must have reliable transportation