Intermediate Copywriter - Content
You want to help change the way the world views customers.
From professional sports teams to Fortune 100 companies, we work with some of the biggest brands in the world – and so will you. We are a successful global software company with a start-up mentality. Our leadership team is always available, teams work side-by-side and fresh perspectives are not only encouraged, they are celebrated.
Vision Critical was born from the idea there had to be a better way for companies to connect with the people who matter most to them: their customers. The belief that people matter is the core of our culture.
We believe that people have wisdom that’s worth listening to, learning from and acting on. Be one of those people at Vision Critical. Join us!
As Vision Critical continues to quickly grow and expand our global offices, we are looking for an Intermediate Copywriter - Content, with a strong desire to learn and a knack for making complicated things sound simple. You need to be a multi-dimensional writer and a pragmatic thinker with a genuine interest in what we’re trying to achieve. It is absolutely critical that you can articulate the opportunity you see here and explain in as few words as possible why you want to work for Vision Critical.
What it will take to be successful in this role:
- A high interest in the tech sector
- The ability to write in high-volume, with limited direction
- The ability to manage many (sometimes competing) tight deadlines
- Understand how to write in the Vision Critical tone and for a senior enterprise-level audience
- Hawkish about messaging and consistency
- Be coachable and open to constructive feedback
- Be confident and strong in your grammar skills
You can grapple with complex concepts that may not always be fully fleshed out and work quickly to produce quality content that is simple, elegant and engaging. You cannot be afraid to ask questions. The quality of your questions will impact the quality of your career here. You are the buffer between the outside world and the inner workings of one of the most successful software companies in Canada. You are comfortable working in a very collaborative environment - we welcome healthy debate and fresh ideas. You must be passionate about your craft and possess strong communication skills to convey your ideas succinctly, help people understand best practices, and get buy in from internal stakeholders.
- Writing copy for eblasts, landing pages, data sheets, web copy, blog posts and social media ads
- Interviewing customers and writing case studies
- Building the flow and talk tracks for presentations to be used in webinars or speaking opportunities
- Potentially managing freelancers and translators
- Helping to edit external-facing copy from other internal stakeholders from time to time
- 5+ years content writing experience in a technology company or creative agency
- A balanced and diverse portfolio of long copy, short copy, digital and conceptual work
- Business acumen
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing, advertising
- Solid presentation skills
- A couple of awards wouldn’t hurt