Guest Service Agent
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
- Answers various questions from guests and arranges transportation for guests.
- Computes bills, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Runs various reports on the computer for management.
- Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift.
- Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours
- Check all unresolved departures.
- Ensure front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for the day.
- Write all wake-up call requests on specified form and enter on switchboard.
- Complete welcome calls.
- Clean and tidy front desk area.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
- Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Provincial Medical, Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care For Full-Time Employment Only.
- Discounted hotel stays for self, family, and friends.
- Third Party partnership discount program.
If this sounds like a job for you, send us your resume to join our Sandman Team.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk Preferred
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft and Maestro software packages
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Long periods of standing
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Overtime as required
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent
Guest Service Agent - Sandman Calgary South
Night Auditor / Guest Service Agent
Front Desk Agent