Space Systems Engineer
We have an immediate opening for a Space Systems Engineer.
We are a dynamic and innovative high-tech software development and systems integrator company. We are a globally competitive and a leading player in developing model-based and artificial intelligence software solutions, providing scientific and engineering services to three distinct industry sectors: Space, Aerospace & Defence; Earth Observation & Geographic Information Systems; and Utilities & Infrastructure.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for space systems modeling, simulation and analysis; software design and development for space applications; and space mission design, analysis and validation. Also, the selected candidate must communicate space systems domain knowledge, specifications and requirements to a multi-disciplinary team of electrical and mechanical engineers, computer scientists, and software developers to assist them in:
- Design, development and integration of operational software solutions; and
- Research and development of new algorithms and solutions.
The selected candidate shall also assist in the validation and verification (V&V) of software solutions as well as technical documentation of all work.
Desired Education Level and Background:
B.Eng. in Aerospace or Space Systems Engineering. M.A.Sc in a space related field is considered a huge asset.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must show a solid understanding and knowledge in the following areas:
- Modeling, simulation and analysis of space missions
- Modeling, simulation and control of single satellite systems and constellations
- Orbital mechanics and dynamics, and space mission geometry
- Space environment modeling and space situational awareness
- Experience using AGI’s Systems Tool Kit (STK)
- Experience modeling and programming with MATLAB/Simulink
- Code design and implementation using Java and/or C++
- Technical documentation and presentation
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
The selected candidate must be self-motivated and highly organized, and have very good personal and interpersonal skills with emphasis on analytical thinking & problem solving, learning new concepts, communication and team work, and technical documentation.
Dev Ops Engineer
Innovative System Administrator, Unified Communications
System Administrator & Network Engineer