Senior Product Engineer
What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.Lumentum.com
What will you do in this role?
We are looking for a Senior Product Engineer to join our Circuit Pack Product Engineer team. Lumentum Circuit Pack provides blade level optical super transport products, optical amplifiers and wavelength management switches for Tier 1 network equipment vendors. These product lines are strong and growing part of Lumentum’s communications portfolio and leverage our industry leading vertical integration in the optical transport space. Reporting to the Circuit Pack Product Engineering Manager in Ottawa, the successful candidate will assist the Ottawa PE team with resolving product field and in-process failures and act as daily technical support to CM.
Primary responsibilities: Returned Material Analysis and support (RMA processing)
- Work with CM and LITE Quality staff to support analysis and remediation of returned Circuit Pack Material:
- Determine root cause of the failure on the unit at hand;
- Determine corrective actions that will prevent the failure from occurring again on the product that was returned;
- Assess if corrective actions determined for the failure under consideration apply to other products in the Blade portfolio;
- Work with the LITE Software group to drive improvements in how product fault information is managed on our blades and how that information is interpreted in RMA processing;
- Ensure that evidence is preserved during failure analysis to allow for additional analysis if required;
- Understand and apply RCA tools such as
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Fishbone Diagram
- Understand and apply the 8D reporting structure.
Secondary Responsibilities: New Product Introduction
- Participate in NPI processes, including reviews of process & product designs, DFM, PFMEA, manufacturing readiness, CM introduction plan, process validation and first article analysis;
- BOM sustaining, products and process change (work instruction maintenance) and deviation control. Act as extension of Ottawa product engineering team;
- Product quality coordination, to support quality engineer for manufacture audit;
- Equipment and assets management. Instrument calibration and repair, spare part preparation, fixed asset audit and sustaining, CapEX investment coordination;
- Cooperate with Contract Manufacturer for sustaining the production and improving productivity and process capability. Includes but not limited as in below: review scrap report, CoNQ report, E&O, Safety stock request, PPV request. Review and manage NRE charges, purchase request. Act as a point of contact point of CM escalation.
What experience will allow you the greatest success in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree or above, major in Electrical Engineering, Optoelectronics, Optics or Physics with a strong background in software;
- 3+ years’ experience in a Product or Test Engineering role within fiber optics communication industries or optoelectronic devices;
- Experience debugging complex electronics systems and interacting with embedded S/W;
- Knowledge of basic fiber optic components e.g. pump lasers, isolators, PD’s etc.;
- Knowledge of PCB/PCBA manufacturing and assembly processes;
- Process development background with knowledge of and utilizing DOE, SPC, DFX, FMEA;
- Knowledge of Telcordia and other Telecom applicable standards;
- Working knowledge of VB.Net programming;
- Knowledge of standard optical test processes and equipment e.g. spectrum analysis
- Strong process vertical integration capability in yield improvement, failure analysis and process capacity establishment;
- Experience interacting/transferring to Contract Manufacturers;
- Strong competency with scientific, analytical, and business computer programs including MS-Office, statistical analysis software such as MiniTab or JMP, and advanced competency using MS-Excel;
- Knowledge of and experience with standard Quality Systems tools such as Pareto Charts, Cause and Effect diagrams, 8-D reports, DMAIC, etc.;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Quote Job Reference: 10002629
Data Entry Clerk
Network Services Platform (NSP) Consultant
IT Security Specialists