Trinity Place Foundation of Alberta
At Trinity Place Foundation of Alberta (TPFA) we are managers and developers of independent living facilities for Calgary’s growing seniors’ population. While some of our facilities incorporate a mix of market value and affordable housing units, the majority of seniors we serve are low-income. Some of our population includes previously marginalized individuals whose quality of life can benefit greatly from additional social supports. For each of our residents our goal is to enhance their quality of life as they age in place. To achieve this goal each of our staff members are directed by an organizational philosophy to provide our seniors with “More than housing”.
Trinity Place is innovative in our approach to offering additional support services to our residents. As a not-for-profit organization we often employ our creativity and collaborative partnerships to initiate innovative supports for our residents. All of our staff are watchful of the changing the needs of individual residents as they age and we address issues as they are identified with the goal supporting overall health and wellbeing, while reducing isolation and vulnerability. Trinity Place has received awards for innovation and community leadership from organizations such as Calgary Family Services and the Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations.
This role will work throughout all our properties with a schedule produced in advance. This position will report to one direct Building Manager, however the successful candidate will work closely with all Managers.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of common areas of the building
- Work with the Building Manager and other staff to meet the needs of the building, vacant unit requirements and common area needs
- Maintain cleanliness of outside areas including removal of garbage from containers
- Mops, washes, waxes and polishes floors and vacuums carpets as required.
- Strip and wax auditorium and solarium floors as required
- Operate janitorial cleaning equipment, tools and materials
- Assist in cleaning up floods, leaks and other emergencies requiring clean up
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have WHMIS knowledge, and put into practice
- Must be able to provide their own transportation during working hours to all TPFA facilities with a valid drivers license
- Advanced First Aid Certificate an asset
Minimum 2 to 3 years of employment or volunteer experience, working as a janitor/custodian of high rise apartment buildings. Prior experience with senior's apartments an asset.
- Be a role model; demonstrate leadership and direction with all other employees and residents
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work effectively within a team as well as independently
- Have knowledge of all safety procedures and individual requirements
- Be self-motivated, thereby using your own initiative to find tasks to do within your responsibilities when general tasks and priorities are completed
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.