Van-Roc Interiors Drywall Ltd, located in Parksville, BC, is currently searching for an Accounting / Office Clerk to join their small and dynamic team. Since 2006 this organization has thrived in creating a tight-knit culture of support, trust, and respect to meet the ever-growing demands of the business. Providing top notch service and amenities to some of the most prestigious home builders and professionals on Vancouver Island. This position requires an individual that has an excellent eye for detail, is well organized and can continually provide quality and timely information that enhance reputation, and services delivered.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Accounting / Office Clerk will be an integral part of the team and provide day to day accounting and administrative support in a confidential and timely manner. The ideal candidate will be an individual that enjoys and excels at a variety of tasks, and has a “roll up the sleeves” positive personality to get things done where no job is to big or too small.
- Perform the day to day accounting and financial statement functions
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable allocation and payments
- Assist with internal payroll process and benefits administration
- File all correspondence, emails, and documents to the corresponding file
- Be proactive and willing to assist with general office upkeep to promote a tidy and safe office environment
- Manage bank reconciliations and deposits
- Assist with month-end reporting and reconciliations
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of five years in an office environment
- Experience with Sage 50 accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Highly detailed and well organized
- Must have excellent typing, follow up, and tracking skills
- Comfortable in a manual accounting system.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and customers to maximize performance, problem solving, and results
- Enjoys a busy fast paced entrepreneurial environment, and knows how to add value to the team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of construction industry an asset
- Sense of humor and positive “can do” personality
This role will also appeal to an independent and resourceful individual who is quietly confident while not being afraid to ask for direction, makes the office a better place, and enjoys the variety of work and team collaboration.