Quality Control Tester
We have an opening for a Quality Control Tester. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing the features of our pre-released games and applications, reporting the bugs and problems, and verifying that the fixes produced by the designers, programmers, and artists have corrected the noted issues.
The ideal candidate can self-manage, is proactive and has a high attention to detail. The position will require a calm, composed individual to be meticulous in their continuous testing of all aspects of gameplay including small sections of the game that will require multiple retests in search of possible bugs. Excellent communication skills are essential to accurately describe the bugs and excellent deductive skills will be needed to determine the steps to reproduce the bugs. The ideal candidate will be ready to learn new procedures and software quickly and efficiently.
- Play through the incomplete versions of game;
- Follow test plans to ensure adequate coverage is given to each section of the game, and then follow the test plan methodically;
- Report discovered bugs and manage the bug database;
- Verify that the application meets the technical requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of, and strong interest in, mobile games
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Professional, self-starter, serious and detail-oriented
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additonal paid time off over the Christmas Holidays
- In studio Gym
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
- International and diverse team
- Summer months bring "Summer Fridays"
- New and funky Studio
Ubisoft Halifax is one of the newest Ubisoft Studios to take on the growing mobile game market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio in North America, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States; a founding City full of forts, historic buildings and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three University’s, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City overlooking the beautiful waterfront, in the historic and Iconic Keith's Brewery. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday afternoons off.
Quality Assurance Software Tester
Quality Assurance Lead
Tester in Charge
Quality Assurance Automation Testing Specialist