French Canadian International Software Quality Engineer
Cork, International Ireland
We are a leading provider of Localisation Services to the international computer and software sectors, with European headquarters established in Cork since 1998. LocalEyes Group is recruiting one French Canadian International Software Quality Engineer to work in Cork, Ireland.
Position Start: June/Temporary (6 to 9 months with possibility of extension)
Work duration: full-time
Salary: Attractive compensation also based on candidate’s experience
We are looking for highly motivated QA Engineer with software development, interpersonal and foreign language skills to work at our European’s International Quality team who are responsible for designing, implementing and executing both automated and manual QA Plans for OS X and iOS based software products for the EMEIA market.
You will design, implement, and execute both automated and manual test plans for a wide variety of OS X and iOS based software products, interfacing with international software QA centers, software engineering teams, translators and project managers to ensure that a world-class software product is delivered to the international markets.
- Perform localisation testing on software, print & hardware items as a member of a project test team.
- Analyzing international functionality issues at a low level.
- Identifying areas of improvement in existing tools and processes, and addressing issues with innovative solutions.
- Working cross-functionally with engineering teams, QA and project management teams to help in shipping amazing international software products.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Native speaker in French (Canadian)
- Strong technical and language skills.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in OS X and/or iOS software
- Experience as a “power user” of OS X and iOS based Products.
- Experience in software localisation/internationalisation.
- 2+ years of real world Software Engineering experience.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest for OS X and iOS operating systems and its international users.
- A team player, and a person who enjoys creating test plans that ‘break’ software products.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: