Regional Safety Manager
Keller Canada Services
Keller Canada is seeking applicants for the position of Regional HSE Manager, to be based in our Calgary, AB office. This position will report to the HSEQ Director. In this position, you will improve the Regional Office’s HSE performance and compliance with corporate HSE directives by providing leaders and their teams’ HSE technical and cultural assessments, expert analysis, support services, and coaching. This includes working with the Site Project Teams, Regional Managers and employees of the Region or Project to insure safe work is performed. Also, supporting Operations in the bidding and execution of projects in a manner that meets the prerequisite safety standard. Additionally, manage Project HSE advisors/coordinators as required/applicable.
- Guide and support the Operating team in developing the Regional Offices’ HSE management and adoption plan complete with annual objectives and KPIs that align with the corporate strategy.
- Ensure Regional HSE operating procedures and targets comply with corporate objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (process maps) adequately identify and address hazards to proactively reduce risk and potential loss exposures.
- Assist in the development and lead the regional implementation of corporate HSE process, program, codes, and practices and setting corporate safety direction.
- Establish the regional investment required to build and maintain a leading HSE program.
- Recruit, assess and develop Project Safety Coordinators (as required) in the region including identifying required training, experiences and overseeing the focus and execution of the advisor’s site work plans are in line with a safety professional enabling operations to more effectively own HSE management.
- Oversee the implementation of corporate HS&E policies, processes and systems within the region.
- Provide education, coaching, counselling and mentoring to assist in the understanding and application of HSE requirements.
- Lead by demonstrating the required behaviours, attitudes and mindset to further develop an already strong corporate safety culture.
- Act as a change agent to integrate HSE processes consistent with corporate initiatives into the core business process.
- Support HSE internal audit, corporate monitoring and record keeping efforts. Including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, regional and support groups in the identification and prioritization of HS&E initiatives.
- Build the trust and respect required to maintain long-term relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the successful delivery, implementation and administration of corporate HS&E policies, processes and systems.
- Manage all HS&E activities within the operational context (i.e. ensure plans, tools, and processes are in place to allow for success).
- Supervise, lead and mentor Project Safety Coordinators.
- Manage performance of direct reports. Set and communicate regional goals, strategic direction and priorities to ensure success. Ensure plans are consistent with overall Keller HSE Strategy and Corporate Mandates.
- Maintain knowledge of current HSE management practices, trends and technologies by developing industry working relationships and participating in exchange groups, associations and committees.
- Participate in the departmental budgeting and planning process. Manage the budget for all areas of responsibility.
- Develop, facilitate and coordinate regional HSE training that addresses strategic priorities, regulatory requirements and growth of individuals.
- Conduct investigations into incidents and oversee the Incident Management process for the region.
- Lead the HSE support for winning and planning new projects ensuring the early and complete integration of HSE into all projects.
- Participate in the development of HSE performance measures, understand their relative value, interpret results and coach/influence staff on how to improve HSE performance.
- Evaluate and help supervisors and leaders develop communication strategies to inform and advance the adoption of the desired safety culture.
- Coordinate and participate in the analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation of HSE related training, as required.
- Provide support to project and/or regional management and staff in the interpretation and application of HSE rules, regulations and legislation.
- Facilitate the implementation and administration of Keller HSE policies, processes and systems and monitor compliance with all relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
- Provide support and guidance, as required, for the return to work program as identified by the Health and Disability Manager or Director, HSEQ, including liaising with WCB and managing claims and records filed with them.
- Compile, maintain, and report on records associated with the responsibilities of the position.
- Monitor site conditions and behaviours to identify risks and provide site leaders with input and recommendations to enhance safety performance.
- Conduct safety audits, coordinate audit recommendations, and assist in the development of corrective action plans in consultation with project / department management.
- Recommend corrective actions and maintain records to ensure compliance with Federal and Provincial regulations/legislations as well as internal policies and procedures including conformance to applicable standards.
- Conduct work area surveillance inspections, air sampling test, employee contractor safety programs, etc.
- Accompany safety, health and insurance inspectors or regulators on walk-through tours.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Health, Safety & Environment.
- Construction, industrial, and/or piling industry experience preferred.
- Related post-secondary education (i.e. degree, diploma or certificate) or equivalent combination of education and experience related to Health, Safety & Environment.
- Relevant accreditation (i.e. CRSP, CSP).
- Able to lead strategically with long-term vision and sound judgement.
- Able to work collaboratively with other organizational and functional leaders and external client leaders and managers, with the interest and ability to mentor others.
- Broad, conceptual, and creative thinker with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong team leadership skills with excellent relationship-building abilities.
- Results oriented with a customer/client focus.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction industry through successes in implementing HSE Strategy within large organizations. Understanding of how HSE connects to the overall corporate management system and the operational efficiency impacts.
- Strong leadership skills in the form of: strategic thinking ability, approach to relationship building, teambuilding, ability to engage people to think about their behavioral impacts, ability to position HSE management system concepts within the business process context and the ability to build mutual trust and respect.
- Superior communication skills in the form of: ability to engage internal business partners to think creatively. Demonstrates sound judgment through effective communication of technical knowledge and passion for HSE.
- Must have a continuing record of professional development.
Outside Sales Account Manager (Print & Marketing Services)
Calgary - Senior Fleet Maintenance Manager
Vernon - Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager