Store Manager - Kamloops
We have served Canadians since 1961 in hundreds of communities large and small throughout Ontario and Western Canada. Our stores and offerings have been constantly evolving as we continually strive to be refreshingly convenient to our customers by offering quality products and services in an easy and efficient shopping experience.
We are currently seeking a Store Manager who is entrepreneurial and driven to oversee the operation of our Mac’s Convenience Store!
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining maximum performance efficiency and execution in the operation of your store
- Recruiting, hiring, training and developing enthusiastic employees, ensuring excellent customer service and a positive store image
- Ensure the store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, and well kept based on Company standards
- Develop strong and professional relationships with all suppliers
- Ensure that all merchandise is stocked, attractively displayed and priced correctly
- Analyze daily sales and expense information and take appropriate action to maximize sales and net profits
What will make you a great leader?
- You’re an entrepreneurial minded individual who wants to grow with a great organization and aspires to own your own business or store of your own
- Full availability to support the store with its 24/7 needs
- At least 1 year of experience as a manager or assistant manager in a retail setting overseeing 5 or more employees
- A minimum of 2 years of retail experience including cash handling/balancing, inventory, customer service, sales, etc.
- Previous managerial experience supervising and training staff would be a strong asset
- Basic computer skills including expertise with a POS
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving, decision-making, planning, and time management abilities
- An positive and creative personality
- Outstanding business skills and a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds and work on your feet
- Exposure or experience with food service including cooking and preparation
What are the benefits?
- Extensive growth opportunities to become an Owner Operator and run you own business
- Extensive 8 week in store training program
- Vendor incentives
- Extended benefits package and employee assistance programs
- Employee stock purchase plan available after 1 year of employment with employer matching
- Pension program after 1 year of employment
- Opportunities to progress into other roles within Mac’s (ie Market Manager)