Home Support Worker
Home Instead Senior Care
We are looking for a caring and compassionate Home Support Worker to become a part of our team. This will include, along with home support worker shifts at the client’s homes, a few hours each week (as needed) working at the office as a scheduler and office assistant.
Applicants must be very comfortable reading and speaking English to be able to participate fully in our training sessions (conducted in English).
About Us and What We Look For
We provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
- If you enjoy spending time with seniors in their own homes
- Have a BIG heart
- Have a flexible schedule and would like to work full time
- Are willing to travel within the Vancouver community from 41st to Hastings and from UBC to Boundary.
We would like to talk to you!
- Performing all the duties involved in the care of any of our clients:
- Provide personal care;
- Provide companionship;
- Plan and prepare meals, keeping special diets in mind;
- Feed or assist in feeding clients;
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties;
- Launder clothing and household linens;
- Administer bedside and personal care;
- Assist with medications;
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk, exercises;
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Answering the phones: for staffing issues, service inquiries, and problem solving (as needed)
- Scheduling shifts and managing clients and caregivers in the home care software system called ClearCare
- Working with the team on various projects and implementing new plans and strategies
- Taking call for evenings and weekends
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- A criminal background check dated within the last 3 months, covering vulnerable persons
- Experience with Home Care or similar scheduling software
- Fluent in English
- Excellent computer skills particularly in word and excel
- Outstanding phone skills
- Advanced communication skills, especially in challenging situations
- Creative problem solving
- Possess a valid driver’s license is an asset, but not essential. Driver’s abstract is required.
$17 per hour in addition to 4% vacation pay.
We Provide Training
No previous experience as a Home Support Worker is required as skills training is provided by Home Instead Senior Care*. We always have a Home Support Worker that has worked with the client or our Care Manager introduce you to your client’s and explain what is needed on your first shift. Our Home Support Workers are as important to us as our clients. Together we enhance the lives of seniors.
Driver, Class 1 (Term Position)
Driver, Class 1
Residential Support Worker (Full Time Weekend & Overnight Awake Shifts)
Casual Community Living Health Care Aide