Manager in Training
Sandman Hotel and Suites
We pride ourselves in achieving exceptional results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the superior science of hotel management with the art and professionalism of hospitality. Are you seeking a successful company to grow with? Do you have what it takes to grow with us?
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic, service-oriented leader to join our team. Candidates will be responsible for all aspects of operating the hotel, including training, and leading the team to ensure superior guest and associate satisfaction.
Our Managers understand the meaning of true Customer Service, they are professional, team-oriented, possess good work ethics and are extremely results driven. They have no hesitation in:
- Going above and beyond our guest’s expectations.
- Mentoring and developing our Team Members.
- Delivering exceptional financial results, including maximization and effectively managing expenses and labour.
- Operations: Make the necessary adjustments to meet targets, forecast financial position of the property, create sales strategies, review statements and reports and offer assistance whenever needed.
- Department controls: Be able to accurately observe budgets and sales goals; ensure productivity goals are met and that all departments work cohesively.
- Staffing: Control turnover, conduct regular staff meetings, communicate with all departments, ensuring that all goals are known to the entire team and review performances to ensure the employees are of the highest quality.
- Ensure all company policies are being implemented.
- Work to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
- Applicants must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly. They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle everyday situations quickly and effectively.
- Must have excellent attitude with a positive influence on others.
- Applicants must be empathetic to the thoughts, comments and needs of guests, clients and staff.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a definite asset.
- Minimum of 2 years Hotel General Manager experience, or 3-4 years Sales or Rooms Division Management experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset. 'Hands-on' Management style.
- Exceptional Leadership skills.
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self and others.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals.
Salary Range: TBD
Extended Medical, Dental and Health Care (STANDARD HOTEL PACKAGE)
For Full Time Employment Only
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
HVAC Representative Sales
Front Desk Supervisor
Part-Time Research Assistant (1 Position)
Full-Time Research Assistant (1 Position)