Septimatech Group Inc.
This role is to ensure proper operation of the infrastructure, including hardware and software as well as client machines. This individual is responsible of resolving helpdesk issues, and performing a daily maintenance of the various network components.
The types of requests include a wide range of issues including troubleshooting hardware, software and user assistance with company processes and devices.
- Manage and schedule user help desk tickets based on priority and estimated completion time.
- Properly communicate the completion dates with the users and the next expected update for their tickets.
- Document ticket resolution and create knowledge base articles for future point of reference to the users.
- Maintain a database of knowledge base articles with general instructions on how to accomplish certain common tasks.
- Create a maintenance schedule for the devices inventory and communicate the next service visit with the users. Provide a report to the user with the current and potential issues with their devices and generate help desk tickets to track them.
- Schedule software updates while ensuring minimal interruptions to the users.
- Investigate new solutions and processes for continuous improvements to the support operations.
- Develop/Enhance applications or solutions to improve company processes.
- Administrate Infrastructure, including network switches, firewalls, databases, servers and applications.
- Review application and server logs and provide solutions to potential issues.
- Create and verify backups of data, including server and client computers.
- Monitor the infrastructure daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Certain issues require after hour support, especially urgent matters that may affect customer business. Software upgrades are often done after hours as well.
- College Diploma or Bachelor of Computer Science
- 5 year work experience in system administration and helpdesk.
Knowledge & Experience
- Technical Experience
- Extensive knowledge computer hardware and software
- Experience with Windows operating systems. Including Windows Server.
- Experience with various types of computer peripherals.
- Experience with scripting language.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Server and database administration
- Ability to write advanced SQL queries and develop reports using SSRS.
- Experience with Virtualization, particularly VMware environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory configuration, Domain controllers, DHCP, DNS and Group policy configuration.
- Knowledge of a range of diagnostic tools and network management tools
- Extensive knowledge of network environment, switches, servers, firewalls and VPN.
- Experience with Office 365 administration
- Experience with MS SharePoint
- Personal Attributes
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional social skills with focus on listening.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to follow instructions as well as take initiative when required.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a business environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer equipment.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals.
- Certain situations require bending and reaching especially when handling installations under desks or in ceiling.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
IT Operations Batch & Database Administrator