Management Consultant - Retail Garden Centre Consultant
DeepGreen Consulting Ltd
- A successful retail consulting company located in Victoria BC, that collaborates with mass merchants on Vancouver Island, the Sunshine Coast and Greater Vancouver to develop their Garden Centres into an outstanding business.
- We work on behalf of clients to source plant material from local nurseries and we work directly with clients to plan garden centre merchandising and promotions, support garden centre staff, and do whatever else it takes to build a profitable garden centre that is a show piece for their store.
We are looking for:
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with a desire to seek improvement and achieve results.
- Organized, resourceful and able to problem-solve in an ever changing, busy work environment.
- An effective communicator who can successfully inspire, motivate, and empower garden centre staff.
- At a stage in your life where you wish to focus your skills and energy on your career, work hard and benefit from an above industry income.
- Have at least two years experience in the nursery trades industry in a management capacity.
- Have a strong business background with a combination of formal training and experience including post-secondary education in business. A BComm or MBA with a focus on entrepreneurship or marketing would be an asset.
- Be competent with the use of computers and MS Office
- Be able to travel and work long hours during the peak season.
Job Duties will include:
- Training Garden Centre staff on best practices for merchandising of plan materials
- Training Garden Centre staff on care of plant material
- Managing orders and tracking inventory levels at client locations
- Conducting research on new products for Garden Centres
- Coordinating inventory movement between locations
- Other duties as required
We will provide:
A generous compensation package that includes performance bonuses and significant opportunity for advancement.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Rate of pay is $32/hr
A flexible work schedule during non-peak periods (August-Feb).