Software Engineer Computer Vision R&D
Montreal Research and Development firm specializing in automotive technology is seeking a Software Engineer for contract opportunity with possibility of full time employment.
The software engineer will be involved with computer vision research and development activities . The main focus is to research and design computer vision system to be used in automotive environment. Target activities mainly include research on existing technology, design and develop software module to be able to quickly evaluate the technology, smartphone app design. This position may also include some electronic design tasks, according to project needs and the candidate's expertise.
This position requires an analytical mind, a great deal of flexibility to adapt to a quick-paced and changing environment, a proactive attitude toward challenges and the will to innovate. Meticulous attention to details and strong work ethics are also required for this position.
1. Help define the product's architecture, by looking for technical solutions, writing specifications and systemic design;
2. Research on existing image processing technology such as OpenCV, and quickly evaluate the technology.
3. Properly document the the result of the research, including develop proper testing software to help collect the testing data.
4. Implement the researched algorithm for varies platform such as IOS or Android.
5. Provide technical support during all product development interfaces.
1. Bachelor of computer science;
2. Over 5 years experience in a structured software R&D environment;
3. Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
4. Works well under tight deadlines and able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities;
5. Analytical mind, above-average problem-solving ability.
1. Strong experience with the following programming languages: C, C++, Java;
2. Strong experience in Smartphone APP development, especially with the following operating systems: IOS and Android;
3. Very familiar with computer vision technology.
4. Good video processing knowledge ;
5. Knowledge of software build system(make, maven).
1. Knowledge of the embedded programming;
2. Knowledge of revision control tool;
3. Scripting language programming experience;
4. Knowledge of video encoding technologies (MJPEG, H.264/H.265);
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 5146000488