Elder Care Coordinator
Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society
Wage: $21.00 per hour
Posted: April 24, 2017
Closing: May 5, 2017
Nature of Position:
We are seeking part time Elder Care Coordinator whom will provide Elder Care Services in Kelowna area that will focus on the needs of the urban Aboriginal community. This program is designed to increase the ability of Elders to participate in community life and reduce isolation. The program will be strengthened by the holistic approach the Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society brings to service delivery.
- Coordinator will distribute culturally relevant resource materials
- Act as a liaison and advocate to assist Elders interfacing with mainstream service providers
- Enhance relationships between mainstream mental health service providers and the Aboriginal community
- Develop community capacity for better treatment
- Provide client-centred service through individual home support activities
- Refer to appropriate treatment and disease management services
- Group activities to include healing circles, workshops and education
- Elders will have access to many other supports including the KFS Residential School Survivors project.
- Graduate of a post-secondary or Human Service Worker program or equivalent experience.
- Applicant should have a minimum of three years working in an Aboriginal community or organization.
- Aboriginal ancestry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and tradition is necessary.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Computer skills and accurate record keeping are important.
- Knowledge of health care services is essential.
- Driver’s License necessary.
- BSW, very minimum Human Service Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable vehicle
- Must consent to a criminal record check