We are a growing aerospace composite manufacturer who is seeking a fulltime design engineer / assistant. In order to qualify for the NRC Youth Employment Strategy program, the individual must be a post-secondary graduate between the ages of 20 – 30 and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and not in receipt of EI benefits.
- Proficient with Solidworks 2015 and later, modeling, surfacing, flat pattern, drawings and moulds is a must.
- Experienced in advanced Composite structures, specifically honeycomb and carbon fiber is beneficial.
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes (Autoclave, Press Forming) is beneficial.
- Outgoing personality and a key team player with an enthusiastic and professional attitude.
- Willingness to work hands-on when required.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and can prioritize tasks in terms of complexity and importance.
- Strong ability to problem solve; resolves issues appropriately, effectively, safely and in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret manufacturing drawings.
- Strives to continuously improve knowledge and skills, shares expertise.
- Must have a valid unobstructed driver’s license.
- Good, comfortable working knowledge with basic Microsoft computer programs.
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Punctuality is a must.
- Works directly with the Production Manager in designing composite aerospace parts & assemblies.
- Concept and design production composite tooling.
- Assist when needed in the prototype and or manufacturing process with material cutting, layup, part trimming, assembly and finishing.
- Maintaining clean room and department shop and tooling as required.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Intermediate Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer
Structural CADD Technologist