Produce Prepper Part-time
Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for a Part-time Production Team Member for our Edmonton, AB location (7039 68th Avenue). This shift is Monday- Thursday 3:30- 10:00 pm.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you'll do
- Work as a team to accurately pack customer orders on time, with care and an eye for detail- making their grocery dreams come true!
- Ensure all grocery orders are fulfilled, nothing is missed, and if necessary, find a substitution for a non-stock items.
- Restock shelves and update inventory on a daily basis to ensure the freshest food is always readily available.
- Receive shipments from vendors and suppliers.
- Load delivery vans with the Drivers to ensure their on-time departure.
- Work with other warehouse team members as one large team to get the day's work done, taking initiative and being willing to assist others as necessary, rolling up your sleeves to get the job done!
Our compensation package consists of
- $13.50 per hour to start
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
- Extended Health Care Benefits (for employees working more than 24 hours per week) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
What you'll need
- Experience in a warehouse setting and/or within the grocery industry would be terrific!
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably, and be on your feet throughout the day.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cooler all day
- Punctuality and productivity - when you don't arrive, your team suffers
- Ability to make quick quality decisions.
- Team spirit and willingness to work together.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
- Interest in joining a fun loving, fast moving company.
SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners.