Senior Construction Project Manager
GBS Construction Managers
An established Project and Construction Management Company specialized in commercial interiors, hospitality, retail, institutional, resorts and multi-residential new build projects, based in Vancouver with projects covering British Columbia up to $30,000,000.00.
Our company is seeking to recruit a Senior Construction Project Manager with 15+ years of interior renovation design/built experience and 5+ years of new build experience. Successful candidate must have proven knowledge of construction, design, project finance, contracts and management. Advance problem solving, organisational and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Education: Architect or Project Management – Bachelor or Master Degree
- Strong English skills.
- Minimum 15 years of construction management experience on design-built projects.
- Completed bachelor or master degree in architecture or project management.
- Experience with commercial interiors renovation projects and managing detailed custom millwork and furniture installation.
An asset is experience in hospitality and winter resorts.
An asset is experience with European suppliers.
An asset is experience with big scale international projects.
- Background in design.
- Experience with preparing and updating project budgets, forecasting and managing subcontractor costs to meet or exceed target profitability.
- Knowledge of preparing monthly billings and progress draws.
- Superior problem solving and negotiation skills.
- A track record of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants.
- Contracting experience.
- Familiar with Project Management softwares.
- Ability to manage small group of in house staff.
- Ability for business development and marketing.
- Client management & business development.
- Preparing proposals.
- Contract and construction administration.
- Reviewing tenders, choosing and communicating with trades.
- Communicating and negotiating directly with clients and designers on daily bases.
- Preparation of master and detailed schedules.
- Risk Analysis and defining risk and contingencies at the various stages of the project.
- Managing team members
Mandatory computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project. High proficiency in AutoCAD is an asset.
- 40 hours work week. As this is a management position OT maybe required.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Annual salary $75,000 - $90,000
- Extended health insurance package
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager, Environmental Services - Richmond, BC
Manager, Contract Services