Quality Assurance Engineer and Quality Control Supervisor
EVRAZ North America is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer and Quality Control Supervisor to join our dynamic manufacturing team in our Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada location.
These are immediate full time positions.
This person will resolve process and product quality problems to prevent reoccurrence and to facilitate the management of customer complaints through effective internal and customer communication. This individual will work on day-to-day quality management improvements and the divisional quality team on broader issues.
- University Engineering degree in Metallurgical / Materials or Mechanical disciplines (preferred)
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance Engineer experience
- Good knowledge of steel processes and tubular products
- Experience facilitating and solving quality problems (including 8D with RCA) bringing in ideas and buy-in from interdepartmental groups
- Experience developing, reporting and presenting ideas and projects to various levels of management and customers
- Demonstrated experience working with customers, inspectors, bargaining unit members and management staff within a production environment
- Experience in statistical data analysis and process analysis
- Trained and certified in quality auditing
- Good capability in MS Office packages
- Mechanical, metallographic or chemical testing lab experience (preferred)
- Six-sigma green belt or better qualifications (preferred)