Project Analyst, Finance Operations
Vision Critical® provides a cloud-based customer intelligence platform that allows companies to build engaged, secure communities of customers they can use continuously, across the enterprise, for ongoing, real-time feedback and insight. Designed for today?s always-on, social and mobile savvy customer, Vision Critical?s technology helps large, customer-centric enterprises discover what their customers want so they can deliver what they need.
As we advocate for the customer in the marketplace, so do we advocate for our team members in the workplace. We take good care of our people - providing opportunities for growth and challenges, comprehensive and long term benefits, and a fun work environment, among other great perks - and we get recognized for it. Vision Critical is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People four years running, as well as one of Deloitte's Technology Fast 50.
We reward self-starters, risk-takers, firecrackers, collaborators and life enthusiasts. We can't abide stagnancy or bureaucracy. We thrive on change and ambitious goals. Join our team!
In this role, you will be the vital link between Client Services and Finance on all Project Management Office (PMO) related activities. The successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with IFRS and related accounting controls, while providing accurate and valuable internal reporting to senior management.
This position reports to the Director of Finance Operations and is responsible for managing the financial transactions of one or more business units.
- Manage a large volume of projects from inception to completion
- Generate timely subscription and project invoices in accordance with contract terms
- Analyze client contracts to understand financial impacts and relevant PMO requirements
- Monitor and maintain timely collection of aged accounts receivables
- Liaise with Business Unit Leaders to determine estimated project completion
- Review project costing and determine value of accruals required, if any
- Classify revenue and costs in accordance with IFRS
- Forecast weekly revenue and direct cost
- Variance analysis of monthly financial statement results against forecast
- Lead system and process improvement projects to ensure scalability at a time of accelerated company growth
- Assist in the implementation of enhanced internal controls
- Responsible for providing annual audit evidence for managed business units
- Pursuing CPA designation considered an asset
- 2+ years of experience in a fast paced accounting environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently communicate with all levels of management as well as to people with non-finance backgrounds
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational abilities; able to set and meet own deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Strong commitment and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment is critical
QA Analyst, Temporary
ISL 18R - QA Analyst
Research Associate - Metals & Mining - Research
Research Associate - Metals & Mining