What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.Lumentum.com
What will you do in this role?
The High-Speed Optical Transceiver R&D group of the Lumentum is seeking a Hardware Engineer with Microwave expertise to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment on the design and development of next generation high-speed optical transceiver modules. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and demonstrate ability to multi-task and work effectively in a team environment. In this role, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work as part of a world class engineering team and to contribute to the success of Lumentum in this market.
The immediate and primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
- Working with external suppliers in the definition of high-speed laser driver and TIA components;
- Establishing and verifying electro-optical device driver circuit specifications, simulations and measurements;
- Consulting and working with expert microwave designers, to provide guidance to PCB layout designer for high-speed signal routing.
These responsibilities will gradually (or immediately) be extended with the following:
- Designing high speed microwave interconnects and passive elements fulfilling EMC and EMI specifications as part of the transceiver development process;
- Specification, design capture, circuit simulation and verification of electro-optical modules running at effective bit rates of 100 Gb/s to 400Gb/s;
- Coordination of the microwave design requirements between hardware development and optical packaging teams within Lumentum;
- Experimental characterization and verification of prototype and production ready designs.
What experience will allow you the greatest success in this role?
- Bachelor's or post graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and experience;
- 2+ years of industry experience in Microwave modeling;
- Strong foundation in high-speed circuit design and simulation;
- Good familiarity with driver and TIA circuits;
- Understanding of elements of microwave engineering including, but not limited to, design of various planar transmission lines, basic microwave transitions, and shielding;
- Familiarity with standard industrial EM simulation tools (HFSS, Empire, EM-Pro, Momentum);
- Laboratory experience with high-frequency and high-speed test equipment;
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
Quote Job Reference: 10001802