Sandman Hotel Oakville
- Will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance.
- The duties will include Routine Maintenance of pools, hot tubs and the boiler room. Servicing heating, ventilation and air conditioning units.
- Drywall repairs and painting, caulking and apply silicone when needed.
- Replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed. Respond to guest’s maintenance requests to improve their stay.
- The Maintenance Worker needs to be competent with using hand and power tools.
- Be able to work to a WHMIS Health and Safety Standard.
- Personal protection equipment MUST be used in compliance with Work Safe regulations.
- Sweep, mop, polish, refinish resilient floors, vacuum and shampoo carpeted areas, perform all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms, lunchroom and auditoriums as well as wash walls, windows and window coverings.
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Collect and dispose of all garbage and recyclables.
- Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair, within skill level.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Maintain fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Prepare and set up rooms or auditoriums for meetings, parties, or various other activities and clean up afterwards.
- Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems)..
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required.
Compensation & Benefits:
Wages: To be negotiated (dependent upon qualifications & experience).
- Vacation Pay Plan exceeds Provincial Labour Standards.
- Discounts at Sandman Hotels, and various 3rd party employee discounts.
- Third Party partnership discounts for all employees.
If this sounds like a job for you, send us your resume to join our Sandman
- High school diploma/GED
- 2 years of maintenance experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings
- Ability to perform small repairs
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels
- Must be familiar with cleaning products
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Various indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Interact with management, co-workers, and public
- Overtime as required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move a minimum of 30 pounds
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
To be negotiated (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Maintenance and Tenant Service Worker
Swimming Pool Worker ( Summer Students)
Part Time Support Worker - Mowat
Trade Compliance Analyst