Who you are:
You've been in the ol' bookkeeping racket for at least a couple of years, you're diligent, and you like numbers, like, you like like them. You care about your work AND you care where you work. Your motivation comes from improving efficiency, but that doesn’t stop you from laughing at your own jokes and sending the occasional meme to your coworkers. When you think about where you'd rather spend your work days, a high energy startup with a casual atmosphere is more appealing than working in an office tower, wearing formal business attire.
- Process a high volume of A/R & A/P
- Check daily balance of bank accounts and credit cards
- Troubleshoot billing and charging issues related to our high transaction volume
- Regularly communicate internally and externally to organize billing and charging
- Categorize transactions daily
- Process payroll (Bi-weekly)
- File monthly GST
- Prepare detailed monthly reports for management
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Create budgets and update monthly operating expense report
- Minimum 2 Years of an accounting certificate/diploma from a Canadian recognized College/University is required
- Minimum two years of full cycle accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of payable and general ledger accounting software required
- Preferred professional expertise of Quickbooks or Xero accounting software
- Must possess strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
Who we are:
Strawhouse is an unusual blend of venture capital and digital marketing mastery. Through a mix of human creativity, in-house software, and financial resources, we invest in scaling customer acquisition for dozens of the world’s most interesting and fastest growing companies. Despite being one of the world’s largest Facebook advertisers and creating billions of dollars in market value you’ve probably never heard of us - anonymity is a feature we offer to our entire portfolio. We have a very diverse, result driven, no-ego environment. We not only encourage new ideas but require them to thrive.
Neat stuff about us
- We are the largest Canadian based Facebook advertising partner.
- We encourage everyone here to ‘be themselves’. Our strength comes from our diversity. This means a casual office dress code and environment.
- We’re currently at the building stage on our new downtown Kelowna HQ
- We offer unlimited snacks and coffee, as well as team lunches on fridays!
- In addition to competitive compensation, employees receive $2000/year in travel vouchers for whatever!
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- Employee Stock Option Plan