Organic Alberta Council
Organic Alberta is looking for an outgoing, self-motivated, highly organized person to join our team as a summer student.
The Event Coordinator will work with the Program and Events coordinator and the Young Agrarians coordinator to support the organization of various field days and workshops. This will include coordination of logistics, promotions, catering and registration for several field days and events occurring throughout the summer months.
Activities include: Organizing field tours and farm clubs for organic farmers, farmers transitioning into organics and farm apprentices, and other general activities that support Organic Alberta.
- Developing promotional materials and messaging
- Event planning activities such as:
- Answering inquiries
- Coordinating speakers
- Working with farmers
- Arranging caterers
- Fund raising
- Working with partners
- Administrative support such as:
- General office or clerical duties,
- Answering telephones
- Assisting with surveys, research
- and other related activities as needed
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident, under the age of 30
- Be a full-time student returning to school in September
- Passion for local food and organic agriculture
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Technologically literate
- Dependable, self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience working with non-profit, grass-roots organizations
- Experience with data bases, client management software, and excel spreadsheets
- Experience with event planning and coordination
$14/hour, 37.5 hours a week for 15 weeks. Position to begin early to mid-May.
Application Deadline: 5:00 PM Monday April 17, 2017.
Intermediate/Sr Environmental Consultants - ALBERTA
Community Recreation Coordinator
Recreation Activity Aide
Visitor Services Interpreter