Bilingual Human Resources Generalist
We are seeking a creative, dynamic, resourceful Bilingual Human Resources Generalist to join our enthusiastic Human Resources team at Red Label Vacations Inc. Our team supports a number of brands including iTravel2000, redtag.ca, Sears Travel and TravelBrands.
This position is a 1 year contract and can be based out of either Montreal, Quebec or Mississauga, Ontario and will require routine travel between the two locations.
This position will develop into a Bilingual Human Resources Business Partner role. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources you can expect to touch all areas of Human Resources. You will provide support and guidance to management and non-management staff of your designated client groups.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- HR Strategies - Regularly meet with the management team of your client group(s) to support alignment and achievement of our organizational vision and business strategies.
- Employee Relations - Build strong relationships with managers and employees to keep a pulse on employee engagement.
- Training and Development - Identify training needs, research, design and facilitate training and development programs. Coach senior leaders and managers to strengthen their leadership and develop a frame work for succession planning and career development.
- Performance Management - Act as an advisor on performance issues, provide direction and guidance as required. Facilitate effective mediation on work-related issues to resolve conflict and improve performance.
- Change Management - Work with the leaders of your client group(s) to develop plans, create timelines and assess the impact on employees, prepare and deliver communications, and develop strategies to anticipate supporting employees resistant to change during the implementation process.
- Compensation and Benefits - Evaluating to ensure we are retaining pay equity and make recommendations on maintaining competitive compensation packages. Manage the benefit administration for your designated client group(s).
- Overseeing recruitment - Work with the hiring managers and ensure that effective and compliant recruitment processes are in place. Provide required support such as conducting initial interviews, completing reference and Criminal Records checks as appropriate and prepare employment contracts and monitor the onboarding process.
- Company Policies and Procedures - Communicate and educate managers and employees on HR policies, programs, processes and advise on areas such as employment equity, terminations, job evaluations, etc.
- HR Metrics and data collection - Participate in the gathering of data and research for metrics and required reports.
- HRIS - Share in the administration of our HRIS (Dayforce) to ensure that our employee information and records are current and up to date.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English languages (oral and written)
- University/College degree in Human Resources
- 3-5 years of related working experience
- Knowledge of federal and provincial labour legislation – especially Quebec
- Experience working with multiple business units – especially in Quebec
- Strong communication, influence and persuasion skills
- Proficient in computer applications – MS Office, HRIS (Experience with Ceridian Dayforce an asset)
- Travel industry experience an asset
- The ability to travel between Ontario and Quebec offices
Human Resources Business Partner
HR Talent Coordinator - Canada
Human Resources Business Partner
HR Business Partner