Security Operations Analyst
Do you want to help shape Canada’s financial services industry?
Who We Are
The Canadian economy depends on the exchange of billions of dollars each day. We are responsible for the clearing and settlement infrastructure, processes and rules essential to those transactions.
Like a complex network of bridges and roads, Payments Canada connects. We connect with our system participants and stakeholders to promote value flow in the economy. And we connect payers and payees to meet the needs of Canadian businesses and consumers.
In accordance with our mandate, we also facilitate the interaction of our systems with other payment systems, both within Canada and internationally, and facilitates the development of new payment methods and technologies.
Who You Are
You are passionate about technology and security and how it connects to the organization and the broader industry. You have post-secondary education in Computer Science or related technical discipline, combined with a minimum of 3 years of experience with a broad range security solutions, appliances, and tools.
You enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the opportunity to collaborate and deliver innovative solutions. You are an experienced relationship builder and have a proven ability to communicate effectively. You have a “can-do” attitude and love being a subject matter expert. Your passion of learning and continuous improvement are evident in your work.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure, the Security Operations Analyst is responsible for security monitoring and rapid response to security alerts and events. The incumbent contributes to the development, implementation, and operations of all IT security aspects of the organization. As a member of the ESAOG (Enterprise Security Advisory and Operations Group), they are responsible for assisting in the completion of assignments and activities as they relate to the Infrastructure team.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a computer related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role
- Experience with firewalls, data leakage protection, application content filtering, web content filtering, host-based intrusion detection/prevention, network-based intrusion detection/prevention, file integrity monitoring, end point security management and other security solutions, appliances and tools
- Experience with enterprise anti-virus solutions, virus outbreak management, and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns
- Experience reviewing and analyzing network packet captures
- Experience with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system preferred
- Experience with scripting language (Python/Perl/Shell)
- Participation in an on-call support rotation, along with overtime and travel outside of the Ottawa area may be required
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain
- Government of Canada Level 2 Secret Security Clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Experience in penetration testing
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or similar certifications as well as ITIL certification
- Bilingualism (English and French)
Payments Canada as an Employer
Talent development is a priority. Advancement of your skills and competencies is of mutual benefit to you as an individual and to us as an organization. We will provide you with a team environment and organizational culture that will support continued growth and individual learning opportunities that progress you along a rewarding career path.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
IT Security TRA and C&A Analyst
CS-02 IT Analyst/Developer
IT Security Analyst