Solution Architect, Integration and Cloud
Do you want to help shape Canada’s financial services industry?
Who We Are
The Canadian economy depends on the exchange of billions of dollars each day. Payments Canada is responsible for the clearing and settlement infrastructure, processes and rules essential to those transactions.
Like a complex network of bridges and roads, Payments Canada connects. We connect with our system participants and stakeholders to promote value flow in the economy. And we connect payers and payees to meet the needs of Canadian businesses and consumers.
In accordance with our mandate, we also facilitate the interaction of our systems with other payment systems, both within Canada and internationally, and facilitates the development of new payment methods and technologies.
Who You Are
You are passionate about technology and its impact on an organization and the broader industry. You have post-secondary education in Computer Science or related technical discipline, combined with a minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, architecting, analyzing, supporting, and integrating enterprise infrastructure and application initiatives, solutions, and projects.
You enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the opportunity to collaborate and deliver cutting-edge technology solutions. You are an experienced relationship builder and have a proven ability to communicate effectively to management in both a technical and business context. You have a “can-do” attitude and love being a subject matter expert. Your love of learning and continuous improvement are evident in your work.
The Solution Architect, Integration and Cloud reports to the Director, Enterprise Architecture. The role is critical to the Enterprise Architecture team, as a big picture thinker and technical expert who craves to learn and teach about new technologies, trends, markets and translates our vision into reality. The role of the Solution Architect, Integration and Cloud is to understand the Payments Canada environment and will be responsible for facilitating the creation, development, and delivery of business-driven solutions that make the most efficient use of cloud resources in support of multiple projects and operational initiatives with a major focus on integration.
The Solution Architect, Integration and Cloud is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Performing as the solution architect on solutions with a heavy cloud and integration focus.
- Working with the Senior Business Analyst, Technical Writers and Director, Enterprise Architecture to perform future state planning create and road mapping;
- Analyzing technology and payment industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on Payments Canada;
- Articulating and communicate the value of Enterprise Architecture;
- Evaluating technologies, vendor solutions, and applications;
- Providing subject matter expertise for technology standards development; and
- Assisting with the creation of project/program business case and expected benefits.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related technical discipline or a combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in designing, architecting, analyzing, supporting, and integrating enterprise infrastructure and application initiatives, solutions, and projects
- Experience in defining business requirements and solution designs for complex solutions
- Experience or a high degree of exposure to Enterprise Architecture, Application Development, Cloud Technologies, and IT Infrastructure
- Experience in initiating and building internal and external relationships
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain
- Government of Canada Level II Secret Security Clearance, or eligibility to obtain
- TOGAF, PMP or ITIL certifications are considered assets
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
Payments Canada as an Employer
Talent development is a priority. Advancement of your skills and competencies is of mutual benefit to you as an individual and to us as an organization. We will provide you with a team environment and organizational culture that will support continued growth and individual learning opportunities that progress you along a rewarding career path.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Cloud Computing Architect (Networking)
Sr. Front-End Developer
Enterprise Solution Architect