Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise Architecture
Do you want to help shape Canada’s financial services industry?
Who We Are
The Canadian economy depends on the exchange of billions of dollars each day. Payments Canada is responsible for the clearing and settlement infrastructure, processes and rules essential to those transactions.
Like a complex network of bridges and roads, Payments Canada connects. We connect with our system participants and stakeholders to promote value flow in the economy. And we connect payers and payees to meet the needs of Canadian businesses and consumers.
In accordance with our mandate, Payments Canada also facilitates the interaction of our systems with other payment systems, both within Canada and internationally, and facilitates the development of new payment methods and technologies.
Who You Are
You are passionate about technology and its impact on an organization and the broader industry. You have post-secondary education in business analysis or computer related discipline, combined with a minimum of 5 years of Business Analyst or System Analyst experience. You are able to convey complex technical concepts into business terms. You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
You are an articulate and persuasive individual with a high degree of diplomacy and tact. You enjoy collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements that will guide the delivery of cutting-edge technology solutions. You have a “can-do” attitude and love being a subject matter expert. Your love of learning and continuous improvement is evident in your work.
The Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise Architecture reports to the Director, Enterprise Architecture. The role is critical to the Enterprise Architecture team, acting as liaison and bridging/facilitating communication and understanding between the EA team and business owners and end users. The Senior Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements while working with architects to deliver value. The Senior Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions.
The Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise Architecture is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external owners/users;
- Eliciting, validating, and documenting functional and non-functional specifications and requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, and surveys;
- Refining requirements using critical evaluation techniques, meetings, negotiation, systems knowledge, and experience;
- Working with the Solution Architects, Technical Writers, and Director, Enterprise Architecture to perform future state planning create and road mapping;
- Documenting use cases and identify problem areas, gaps, or conflicts derived from information gathered and proposes options for resolution;
- Assisting with the creation of project/program business case and expected benefits; and
- Coordinating the intake process for requests for Architecture services.
- Post-secondary education in business analysis or computer related discipline or a combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Business Analyst or System Analyst experience
- Experience in defining business requirements and solution designs for complex solutions
- Experience or a high degree of exposure to Enterprise Architecture, Application Development, Cloud Technologies, and IT Infrastructure
- Experience in building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain
- Government of Canada Level II Secret Security Clearance, or eligibility to obtain
- CBAB, TOGAF, PMP or ITIL certifications are considered assets
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
Payments Canada as an Employer
Talent development is a priority. Advancement of your skills and competencies is of mutual benefit to you as an individual and to us as an organization. We will provide you with a team environment and organizational culture that will support continued growth and individual learning opportunities that progress you along a rewarding career path.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Strategic IT Security Planning and Protection Consultant
Business Systems Accountant