Senior Systems Analyst (UNIX Admin/Middleware)
Do you want to help shape Canada’s financial services industry?
Who We Are
The Canadian economy depends on the exchange of billions of dollars each day. Payments Canada is responsible for the clearing and settlement infrastructure, processes and rules essential to those transactions.
Like a complex network of bridges and roads, Payments Canada connects. We connect with our system participants and stakeholders to promote value flow in the economy. And we connect payers and payees to meet the needs of Canadian businesses and consumers.
In accordance with our mandate, Payments Canada also facilitates the interaction of our systems with other payment systems, both within Canada and internationally, and facilitates the development of new payment methods and technologies.
Who You Are
You are a polished individual who is passionate about critical Business Systems. You have deep experience in this environment and have a continuous improvement attitude. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and mentoring others. Using your solid analytical skills, you are able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, ensuring stability of critical systems.
You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or other field related to information systems and technology, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an infrastructure role supporting critical systems. You have experience with one or more of Payments Canada’s supported technology products, tools, and/or services including: UNIX, WAS, MQ, DB2, Virtualization, Servers, SANs, SAN Fabric Switching, Load balancers, and High availability networking.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure, this role is responsible for providing technical services, specialized advice, recommendations and support in the planning, development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of Payments Canada’s IT infrastructure for both internal service delivery and external clients. The Senior System Infrastructure Analyst acts as a lead in the identification, evaluation, and development of a series of technology standards used by Payments Canada as well as in activities associated with the periodic auditing of other IT areas.
This role provides technical guidance and oversight of project completion to the System Infrastructure Team. The incumbent must have strong relationship management, analytical, and organizational skills combined with specialized technical and problem solving abilities to lead assigned area(s) of System Infrastructure. These skills are also required to support and maintain one or more Tier 1 network infrastructure portfolios which are highly visible and deemed business critical.
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years’ experience within a similar role
- Experience with one or more of Payments Canada’s supported technology products, tools, and/or services including UNIX, WAS, MQ, DB2, Virtualization, Servers, SANs, SAN Fabric Switching, Load balancers, and High availability networking
- Experience in producing concise and detailed technical documentation
- Experience in coordinating and managing technical aspects of IT initiatives related to infrastructure and maintenance
- Experience in creating, executing, debugging, and maintaining automation scripts to reduce or eliminate manual repetitive tasks
- Participation in an on-call support rotation, along with overtime and travel outside of the Ottawa area will be required
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain
- Government of Canada Level II Secret Clearance, or eligibility to obtain
- ITIL Certification is considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
Payments Canada as an Employer
Talent development is a priority. Advancement of your skills and competencies is of mutual benefit to you as an individual and to us as an organization. Payments Canada will provide you with a team environment and organizational culture that will support continued growth and individual learning opportunities that progress you along a rewarding career path.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.