Experienced Construction Manager
We are seeking an experienced Construction Manager for new-building and retrofit work on existing buildings with experience in architectural metal cladding, restoration and roofing. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate or frequently travel to Halifax – Nova Scotia.
- Manage new Employee or Sub- Contractor orientation sessions as necessary (paperwork, billing procedure, jobsite, rules)
- Preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and tracking schedules
- Prepare project budgets and maintain same.
- Prepare subcontractor contracts
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost saving measures and potential contraction issues
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis
- Attend job site meetings and prepare and issue minutes of meetings
- Inform the Consultant/ Client of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawing (s).
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment resource expenses
- Prepare monthly cost forecasting summaries, Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists
- Minimum (5) five years’ experience as a Project Manager
- With experience in architectural metal cladding, restoration, roofing and or building development
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Excellent organization, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Preference will be given to a Professional Engineer licensed to practice in Ontario and Nova Scotia
Depending on experience, Performance review and bonus will apply
Opportunity for ownership and or profit sharing will be given to the right individual
Concrete Gravity Substructure Engineering Manager
Senior Operations Manager
Senior Project Manager-Bridges, Transportation Engineering
Mechanical Commissioning Project Manager