Fresh Packinghouse Equipment Coordinator/Supervisor
Silver Valley Farms
Maple Ridge, BC
Silver Valley Farms Ltd. is a fast paced, high volume farm and fresh fruit packing facility in Maple Ridge, BC. We are currently seeking a seasonal Fresh Packinghouse Equipment Coordinator.
This position provides key technical support to the Fresh Division of Silver Valley Farms. The FP Equipment Coordinator is responsible for the continuous, smooth and optimal running of machinery/equipment used on the production lines. This position must both adjust and adapt to the ongoing requirements.
This position is responsible for playing a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress of manufacturing and processing systems for Silver Valley Farms. The FP Equipment Coordinator will work with other positions in order to improve production process, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and get a better product quality by using all the equipment capability. The FP Equipment Operator will be reporting to the Fresh Production Manager.
- Assisting with equipment setup operation and take down
- Coordinate and determine schedules for maintenance by Millwright and/or manufacturer technicians.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Production Manager
- Supervise farm equipment operators of production equipment
- Work with Operations Coordinator to hire and train farm equipment operators
- Supervise and work directly with equipment operators to perform duties and direct performance to ensure safety and quality control processes are followed
- Determine and implement preventative maintenance schedules
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and coordinate repairs of electrical/mechanical/software components of the equipment
- Maintain equipment repair records and maintain preventative maintenance schedules
- Minimum 1 year experience with BBC Technologies and/or other blueberry automatic-sorting equipment
- Post-secondary or in house training on equipment troubleshoot maintenance
- PLC management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Contribute positively to Team environment
- Great organization skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Seasonal position for 4 months.
- Availability to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends as required.
- Estimated start date: June 1st, 2017.
- Wage: $15-18 hourly based on experience and qualifications.
- Positions available: 1