Quality Control Assistant
Job Purpose: To help oversee the quality of all produced goods and confirm that they meet the standard for consumers, manage and maintain third party factory audits and testing processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Recurring testing of existing items to confirm that specifications match what has been pre-established with the vendor, based on a specific timetable that has been pre-established with Management, and preparation of test reports accordingly.
- Maintaining the records for all factory audits required by the Company.
- Customers, including letting Strategic Sourcing know when factories need to schedule their next audit(s).
- Testing of new items (either competitors’ items or new items from suppliers) provided by Sales, Marketing or Procurement to establish specifications, and preparation of test reports accordingly. Note that when standard test methods are not available, employee will be required to design specific test methods and processes for those items.
- Checking and approving product artworks from the Graphics Department, and suggesting if any changes are required as per the labeling acts of the countries of distribution.
- Providing information against Customers’ requests about various chemicals and/or components used in our products, or changing laws and how they affect the distribution of our products.
- Testing of returned items from consumers to establish any evident failure(s) to meet specifications for our existing products, and preparation of response for Customer Service accordingly.
- Maintaining proper record-keeping of all above items and processes.
- Participation in JHSC, which includes regular workplace inspections and reports, and ensuring that the factory’s working conditions are safe at all times, in an effort to provide a workplace with no injuries year over year.
Education and Key Skills
- Bachelors degree preferred
- certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- knowledge and experience working with Polymer materials
- quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- product or industry-specific experience
- strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- attention to detail
- communication skills - verbal and written
- data collection, management and analysis
- problem analysis and problem solving
- planning and organizing
Restaurant Team Member - Crew (2632 - Annex)