Employment Projects Manager position for people with disabilities
SPHERE (support for people with a handicap exploring the road to employment) mission is to enable people with disabilities to participate fully and completely in their community's social and economic life through integration and job retention.
SPHERE must fill an Employment Projects Manager position for people with disabilities for its Ottawa office
Under the Coordinator's supervision, the Projects Manager will perform the following tasks:
- Prepares action plans for people with disabilities in collaboration with partners.
- Analyzes and processes grant applications according to procedures and makes appropriate decisions.
- Performs financial and activity monitoring according to current management practices.
- Participates in the development of job creation projects for people with disabilities along with collaborators.
- Participates and organizes information sessions on SPHERE’s services.
- Advises, assists and refers collaborators and employers, guiding and supporting them in project development.
- Compiles data for generating reports.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in difficult situations
- Analytical ability.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the Social Sciences, Administration or any combination of education and relevant experience
- Must be Bilingual (English, French)
- 3 years of pertinent experience
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and Outlook
- Intervention experience in the employment field
- Knowledge of the:
- People with disabilities' network
- Labor market.
- Committed to job excellence
- Autonomous and initiator
- Schedule is a 35-hour, 5-day week
- Salary according to remuneration policy with benefits
- Travel in Ontario and occasionally in Quebec.
Anticipated Start Date: April 10th 2017
Quote Job Reference: Project Officer
Engineering Program Manager
Salesforce Delivery Senior Manager
Teaching Research and Student Life Portfolio Manager
Campus and IT Services Portfolio Manager