Bid & Proposal Manager
Richmond Hill, ON
Role Commitment: Full-Time
Reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Must work well:
- In environments where multiple bids/proposals may need to be managed simultaneously.
- With challenging deadlines and under pressure.
- In a networked environment interfacing across multiple functional areas and geographies.
- Must be able to:
- Adjust schedule as required to meet bid submission deadlines, coordinate with colleagues in different time zones.
- Compile input from various parties into a clearly articulated, value driven proposals and bids.
- Understand and articulate technical subject matter – software, hardware & supporting services. Must be able to translate complex solutions into easily understandable responses.
- Must be self motivated and able to independently manage timelines and deadlines. Must be able to deliver results with limited supervision. Strong time management and prioritization skills are a must.
- Must have excellent persuasive business writing skills. Attention to detail is a must.
This job is a strong fit for a highly detail-oriented person who enjoys writing and editing in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Analyze bid notifications and identify appropriate opportunities
- Read and interpret solicitation documentation
- Summarize opportunity and solution requirements for stakeholders
- Coordinate bid/proposal kick of to agree on solution approach, key win themes, SMEs to contribute, timing/deadlines
- Develop and coordinate questions for customer submission
- Review bid/proposal submission requirements; ensure strict compliance with bid submission requirements
- Contribute to the determination of key win themes and value proposition
- Manage bid/proposal timeline including tracking of milestones for ontime delivery
- Identify bid/proposal inputs required, obtain input from relevant parties typically including technical experts and sales leadership
- Develop the bid/proposal structure
- Identify core/generic content for use, determine and execute customization as required
- Harmonize content obtained from others to be clearly and succinctly articulated, consistent in terms of language, aligned with key win themes and value proposition
- Compile inputs into comprehensive, compelling and complete responses as the primary author of bids and proposals
- Manage technical writing, editing, formatting, organization and proof-reading
- Develop compliance matrices
- Manage bid/proposal quality control processes, providing draft for stakeholder review and input prior to customer submission
- Manage bid assembly, quality control, production and delivery
- Assist with the creation of presentations for orals and other needs in support of the bid/proposal submission
- Prepare, refine and update core/generic content and templates to be leveraged in future bids/proposals/quotations
- Log and manage bid content, establishing and maintaining a content management approach that facilities leveraging of reusable content
- Review post bid/proposal feedback for continuous improvement; incorporation into future bids/proposals
- Bachelors or higher degree in English, Communications, Business, Marketing or similar
- Minimum 5 years proven skills in producing and editing bid/proposal content within a complex business environment
- Minimum 3 years lead writer of winning bids & proposals in a technical environment
- Advanced MS Word skills
- Proficient at MS Powerpoint, Excel
- Basic understanding of MS Project
- Project management education and/or experience
- Marketing education and/or experience
- Content management education and/or experience
- Information technology education and/or experience
- Airline & airport passenger processing background
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
DBS - Cloud Services Platform Architect
Chief Estimator and Senior Project Manager
Facteur rural et suburbain de relÃ¨ve en disponibilitÃ©
Mechanical Engineer - Procurement Specialist