Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Technician
Applied Biological Material Inc.
Applied Biological Materials Inc. (abm) is an unique supplier of premium quality genetic and cellular materials, and a certified service provider of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) for life science research and the biotechnology industry. Our high reputational RNA-Seq, Whole Genome Sequencing and many other custom NGS services are widely used by scientists around the world. Recognized as the 25th Fastest-Growing Companies in B.C. in 2015, abm is rapidly expanding and we are offering a Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Technician position for a reliable, motivated and detail-oriented individual.
The successful candidate(s) will be part of the NGS team to provide our customers with a complete line of NGS related services. The successful candidate(s) will have plenty of opportunities for fast track career development while being part of a highly diverse, innovative and interactive cohort of scientists.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the senior scientists with on-going R&D projects.
- Perform procedures associated with DNA and RNA sequencing on the Illumina sequencing platform; specifically, DNA/RNA library preparation, sample quantification & preparation, and sequencer operation.
- Maintain and organize all production records/documents carefully and neatly in detail.
- Perform basic bioinformatics analysis and generate sequencing reports for clients.
- Implement new next generation sequencing applications for DNA and RNA sequencing and provide feedback for their optimization and improvement.
Qualifications: shortlisted candidates will have the following experience:
- A minimum of BSc in Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biology.
- Previous experience in PCR/qPCR for 4 months.
- Prior experience in working with RNA and/or DNA is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of NGS and bioinformatics is not required, but would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment.