Customer Solutions Expert
Shaw Communications Inc.
Make your passion your profession!
Every day, passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. If you are passionate about entertainment, including binge watching TV or surfing the Internet on the fastest speeds, you should consider a job at Shaw.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
As a Customer Solutions Expert in Kelowna, BC you’ll reach out to current and prospective customers over the phone to connect them to the entertainment and people they love. If you are enthusiastic about building connections, excel at exploring sales opportunities with a focus on the customer, and love the feeling of achieving a goal, the Customer Solutions department is the right fit for you!
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary and leading edge Pay for Performance incentive plan that includes monthly bonuses and uncapped commissions!
- Industry-leading rewards and recognition program where you can earn point towards things you love such as travel, accommodations, and merchandise!
- Shaw provides a customizable benefits plan to suit you and your family’s needs, including dental, vision, and extended coverage for massages, acupuncture and laser eye surgery. The benefits are available within your first month to both part-time and full-time employees
- 3 weeks of paid vacation so that you can have a healthy work-life balance (available to part-time and full-time employees)
- Incredible employee discounts for all your entertainment needs including WideOpen Internet 150, all you can watch TV/video, and all you can talk long distance, as well as corporate discounts with many major retail partners
- Dedicated resources for continuous learning and career growth, as well as opportunities both locally and across Canada. There were over 250 internal career moves within the last year, 52 of which were leadership positions
- Success Sharing program, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Employee Stock Options programs, scholarships for dependents, enhanced parental leave, and retirement and savings plans
- A Recruit & Reward program to help employees earn up to $1000 when you refer a friend or family member to a role at Shaw
- Employee Giving Programs to augment your charitable endeavors and support you in giving back to the community
- Canadians serving Canadians in their own city
Being a Customer Solutions Expert:
Shaw has been known for providing the highest quality consumer and content product offerings since 1971, and it’s up to you to spread the message even further! Using a customer focused approach, you will connect with both current and future customers to educate them on Shaw’s products and services, and how they complement their needs, wants and lifestyle.
You will become our customers’ connectivity expert on entertainment packages and services that add value to their day-to-day life, allowing them to stay connected more effectively. You don’t shy away from a challenge, are goal-orientated. and love to be in control of your own destiny. You have excellent verbal communication that allows you to encourage an unscripted, organic, and engaging conversation. You love seeing others succeed and want to be a part of a team that celebrates success together. If this sounds like you, you could be our next Customer Solutions Expert!
What You Bring:
- The ability to have an engaging conversations to uncover sales opportunities that are based upon our customer’s needs.
- A desire to take control of your earning potential and a drive to continually reach (or exceed!) goals and targets.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude that leads to exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to effectively navigate computer applications while communicating on the phone.
- The ability to network with current customers, family and friends to identify and connect with new potential customers.
- Ability to work independently and the desire to go above and beyond while contributing to your team’s overall success.
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills while being adaptable to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, goal and career oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment that continually evolves to serve our customers better.
What We Require:
We want to reach people when and where they use our products – in their homes! Therefore, we require availability to work between the hours of 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM on weekdays, and from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM on weekends. Additional hours may be available – ask us for more details!
Available for 3 weeks of required full-time training
Here's what few of our people say about working on this team:
“What I like most about Shaw is how flexible it is. The teams here do not micromanage you which is really refreshing for a work environment. The Kelowna Shaw office really makes me feel empowered and engaged.”- Courtney
“The thing I like most about working at Shaw is the environment. Everyone comes to work with a positive outlook. There’s praise, encouragement, and incentives when employees succeed and work hard. The supervisors allows their employees to create our own success and attain our individual goals.”- Allison
“The positivity is only one thing, but I find that it’s great for career development. Working for Shaw you’re really able to find your niche somewhere within the company. It is a huge organization that’s absolutely amazing at putting the right people in the right spots.”- Ainsley
Quote Job Reference: J0117-0555
Laboratory Solutions Specialist (Western Canada)
Application Support Specialist