Telecom Transmission Components Product Line Manager
What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.Lumentum.com
What will you do in this role?
Lead and drive the Telecom Transmission Components product line strategy in a business direction. The Product Line Manager for the Line side component portfolio will be responsible for defining the product road maps, strategy and development priorities. To this effect the PLM will work in collaboration with the PLM director, other internal functions and customers and will focus on market penetration, profitable revenue growth and sustainable leadership via an industry leading road map.
- Establish, publish and maintain Industry leading product road map.
- Define product pricing and cost targets
- Articulate and drive market strategies
- Manage product life cycle
- Drive Design wins
- Promotion and positioning of product line
- Develop value proposition
- Communicate with sales team and customers
- Support standard body engagements (OIF)
- 20% travel
What experience will allow you the greatest success in this role?
- Strong technical background in optical component and transceivers and their applications;
- Knowledgeable of optical component market, products and customers;
- Industry experience in technical product line management or related functions such as Field Applications Engineering, Sales Engineering, Technical Marketing and R&D;
- Solid cross functional knowledge in both R&D and operations;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to manage and lead individuals across functions that are not direct reports to achieve product line objectives;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to engage, drive and support customer interactions;
- Strong computer and analytical skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word);
- Problem solving abilities to answer technical questions and resolve issues at the customer level;
- Business acumen with good understanding of P&L and business planning.
Quote Job Reference: 10002147