Technical Support Representative
Employment Type: Part-time
Position ID: J0117-0529
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Technical Service Representative
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Service Representative working in our inbound call center in our Nanaimo office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Support, the successful candidate will be accountable for answering calls from new and existing customers with a focus on technical support and promoting the features, benefits and advantages of Shaw products and services to our customers.
Please be advised that we provide service to our customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year, and the successful candidate will be required to work various shifts including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Provide knowledgeable technical support and troubleshooting guidance pertaining to network, Internet, cable, digital phone, and computer issues
- Deliver exceptional customer experience while staying within our support scope guidelines
- Educate customers in realizing the full benefit of their Shaw products and services
- Look for opportunities to improve our business and elevate customer experiences
- Promote and sell the features, advantages, and benefits of Shaw products and services to our customers
- Employ time management and multi-tasking skills to maintain high service levels
- Thoroughly document customer interactions and escalate potential service issues
- Identify opportunities to improve customer service levels
- Provide feedback to leadership teams to improve environment
- Various other duties as needed
- Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated customer service experience within retail, sales, or call center environments
- Knowledge of computer systems, networking, computer components, LAN, cable and TV setups, internet applications, browsers, and a comfort level with troubleshooting these topics patiently with customers over the telephone
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated sales skills and abilities with the motivation to sell
- Professional business manner
- Ability to work independently and the desire to go above and beyond while contributing to a team’s overall success
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and adaptable to changing priorities and challenging situations
- A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
“We are the place where the best people choose to work”
Quote Job Reference: J0117-0529
Medical Science Liaison (MSL), Diabetes Business Unit
Technical Support Representative